Tuesday, August 25, 2009

IN THE TRENCHES

The other morning as I sat on the porch of the Malibu Kitchen enjoying a light breakfast, I noticed a couple cars parked directly in front of my table…a fire engine red custom Ferrari and a black Bentley with a showroom fresh chrome grill. It dawned on me that these two cars were opposites yet each representing the A-list of hand precision rides, one the ultimate in speed and agility, the other the ultimate in smooth classic comfort. As I sat there with the ocean breeze at my back and salty air on my face I couldn’t stop thinking about HELLBENT FOR HOLLYWOOD and these two precision driving machines each unique in their approach to the road, each a reflection of their owner yet each at the top of their game.

I couldn’t stop wondering which actor on the HELLBENT FOR HOLLLYWOOD cast page might be getting out of one of these road trophies in the coming years. Would it be one, two or maybe even a few more or does anyone on this cast even have what takes or close to what it takes?

Next week, we’ll have our first glimpse into the crystal ball and as production gets underway we may have an idea of whom or what is going to emerge from the fog. If you were a betting man or woman and at the track, which horse would you put your money on and why? I hope you’ve got a stronger argument than because the actor is a friend they’re going to bring it. Who has the set etiquette, ability to take direction, focus and discipline to stand up to the Hollywood spotlight and be counted and who’s just another pretty face? Post a comment. I’d like to hear your thoughts.
ON FIRE

5 comments:

  1. As a cast member my train of thought has been on preparing myself for the weeks to come. I have only had the pleasure of meeting twenty four of the other cast members and like any competitive and driven person checked some of my cast mates out via google, IMDB, etc. I can say as a professional and for a moment not thinking as a cast member, that we are truly a talented group and everyone is unique and talented in different ways. During our production meeting we were told that if we were intimidated by those around us then this competition was not for us. Therefore in response from what I have seen, those of us who have full confidence in our path and skills will be successful, and if I was a betting man I would say at the very least ten cast members will come out of this better, stronger, and truly ready to work and obtain success in this industry. However if I may be honest I see myself going all the way to number one, and I look forward to learning and growing with my fellow cast members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, the rules are always the same. Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on.

    Camila Frausto, #135

    youtube.com/dollfaceNtheMonster
    myspace.com/camilaf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the initial comment itself is very impressive. I know one contestant who is ready to win it. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have voted. And for all you hollywood folks, please try to remember that the trenches are not just in Hollywood. This initial comment is evidence of the egocentric world you live out there. I have seen one of your contestants in the trenches in multiple states and this is a new phase so I guess he is in a trench again and this time I know he is as ready as he was before for the challenges he faced at that point in his life. I believe he has worked harder than any player or professional out there to pursue his dream of acting. I won't give his name because I know he can win it without blog comments to promote himself. His acting skills that he has worked so hard to develop will be evident. He is versatile and strong, speedy when he needs to be, agile when he needs to be and his A-list (as you all call it out there) potential will shine right through. For those of us back home, he is already on our A-list and we know he is not looking for super stardom, he just wants make his living acting and playing the music that he loves!! He's ready and you'll see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all these vehicles. Flexibility, adaptablity and professionalism are some of the factors one needs to succeed in life. If you have the drive and determination you will succeed in anything you put your mind to. You just have to focus and take action. This is a unique opportunity. I am honoured to be apart of a new and exciting show. good luck to all my fellow cast mates... let the show begin... Julia Louiza #165

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this analogy, because each of us is different, unique. Yet, each of us has the capability of being at the top of our game, a symbol of excellence in our chosen craft and profession. We have to remember not to settle for anything less then perfection. We have to push ourselves beyond what we believe to be our limits. We must put the pedal to the metal and go for it!The biggest challenge we face in being our best/the best is ourselves. . . .Toni Fields #455

    ReplyDelete